We live in a world full of bacteria, both good and bad. Even when we were little children, we used to get sick from time to time due to bacterial infections such as otitis media, urinary tract infections, dental infections, skin infections and many more. Fortunately, our loving parents or other family members would give us amoxicillin 500mg to stop bacterial infection ASAP and become well again.
Amoxicillin 500mg became available since 1972 and was abbreviated “amox”. When we hear the word amoxicillin 500mg, we immediately know that this particular drug is an antibiotic, something that can help eliminate various infections caused mainly by bacteria. Amoxicillin 500mg is a bacteriolytic moderate-spectrum drug that is used against various Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. Most doctors choose to prescribe amoxicillin 500mg to patients found to have bacterial infections because it is absorbed better via oral route than other antibiotics. Amoxicillin 500mg is considered all over the world as one of the most commonly-prescribed antibiotics for little children.
There are many medical uses of amoxicillin 500mg. The following are some of the infections that amoxicillin 500mg can help treat with: urinary tract infections, chlamydia infections, pharyngitis caused by Strep, skin infections like acne vulgaris, infections caused by Salmonella sp., pneumonia caused by bacteria, middle ear infections or otitis media, Lyme disease, bacterial sinusitis and even anthrax. Amoxicillin 500mg was usually recommended to people who have had dental work done, as a way to avoid bacterial endocarditis in patients who may develop them. Continue reading